- Rollin’ in the Rye NBA podcast – March 24
- Falcons shouldn’t feel like underdogs as long as they have their defence
- The Toronto Raptors are starting to experience the downfall of not having Bismack Biyombo
- Nikola Jokic is slowly working his way towards greatness with the Nuggets
- Steph Curry puts Clint Capela in a frenzy before knocking down a 3-pointer
Gerald Green slams down a vicious alley-oop from Isaiah Thomas
- Updated: January 11, 2017
— NBA (@NBA) January 11, 2017
Gerald Green reminded everyone that he still has hops as a former Slam Dunk Champion, completing a nasty two-handed lob on Tuesday night against the Toronto Raptors.
The Celtics guard put his athleticism on full display, connecting with Isaiah Thomas to unleash a nasty half-court dunk that would extend Boston’s lead to 95-87 with 8 minutes to go in the 4th quarter. The back-door cut would free Green, who would blow by Kyle Lowry before making the play. Green would jump so high that his head would be parallel to the rim, ultimately proving that he can still escape gravity – bringing back shades of his vintage 21-year-old self.
Unfortunately for the Celtics, their 4-game winning streak would come to an end – with the Raptors storming back behind DeMar Derozan’s 41 points to come away with a 114-106 victory.
— Adam Kaufman (@AdamMKaufman) January 11, 2017
Green was a solid spark off the bench for the Celtics, finishing with 14 points on 6-12 FG, while also playing some pivotal minutes down the stretch. He’s been able to benefit off an injured Avery Bradley – posting back-to-back double-digit scoring games during his absence.
The 30-year-old high flyer will look to get his Celtics back to their winning ways and build upon their 23-15 record, when they host the Washington Wizards tonight with tipoff scheduled at 8:00 p.m. EST.
All stats for this article are from NBA.com
You can follow Justina Barsoum @JustinaBarsoum